The USSF "E" Certificate course is an 18-hour course designed for coaches working with players U12 and older. The curriculum focuses on the development of the teen-aged player, both individually and as part of the team.
The "E" Course will be offered at these dates/times.
Friday August 30
6:30 PM –9:30 PM
Classroom: Vienna Volunteer Fire Department
Saturday August 31
8:30 AM -5:00 PM
Field: Oak Marr #2 (on right); Classroom: Vienna Volunteer Fire Dept
Sunday September 1
8:30 AM -5:00 PM
Field: James Madison High School; Classroom: Thoreau Middle School
Vienna Volunteer Fire Department
400 Center Street South, Vienna, VA 22180
Oak Marr Recreation Center
Field #2 in back on the right
3200 Jermantown Rd Oakton, VA 22124
James Madison High School
2500 James Madison Drive, Vienna, VA 22181
Thoreau Middle School
2505 Cedar Ln, Vienna, VA 22180
- FREE for all Vienna Youth Soccer Coaches
- $70 per candidate (effective September 1, 2009) for coaches of VYSA teams
- $95 per candidate for coaches of non VYSA teams
In order to get your certificate you need to attend all sessions on time.
- Friday night is lecture, you’ll be taking notes.
- Sat/Sun: You’ll have field sessions, dress to play soccer, bring water, snacks…..
- Fees and application will be collected on Friday night.
Course Curriculum / Requirements:
Pre-Course Candidate Assignments
Candidates are required to complete four (4) pre-course assignments:
- Two (2) Laws of the Game assignments and
- Concussion Awareness course.
In addition, candidates must choose to complete one of three team management assignments. Each assignment will be submitted during the opening lecture.
- Laws of the Game --
Part A – Complete the U.S. Soccer Referee exam ("E" License candidates are required to complete modules 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17). Candidates are not required to print a completion certificate. Your exam results will be automatically shared with your State Soccer Association host and U.S. Soccer.
Part B - Research and write a brief report on the rationale of modified small-sided games rules.
Contact your local League or soccer organization to locate the modified rules of play for the team that you coach. Read and review the modifications for the following FIFA Rules:
1 Field, 2 Ball, 3 Players, 5 Referee, 6 Assistant Referee, and 7 Duration of Game.
A Spanish version of the Laws of the Game will be available in 2013. More details will be available soon.
- Team Management - English (.pdf) | Spanish (.pdf)
- Risk Management Assignment
- - Concussion Awareness - English (online): Script | Quiz
* Candidates are required to print a completion certificate and submit during the opening lecture.
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing the online concussion assignment, you may request a CD-ROM version of the course from the CDC at no cost. If you would like to order a copy of the course on CD-ROM, visit the CDC publication order form.
You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org or print and use the written test below.
- Concussion Awareness - Spanish: Script | Quiz
- See more at: http://www.ussoccer.com/Coaches/Licenses/National-E.aspx#sthash.SRKZqVey.dpuf
For more information or to register for courses, please contact Bob Zadeh at: email@example.com or 703 533-8100 (W).