If you are a parent interested in coaching your child's team
If you are a parent interested in coaching your child’s team, it’s a simple as clicking the volunteer link at the time you register your child. The VYS Registrar will receive the information, contact a House Commissioner who will give you a call about coaching.
If you are not a parent of a registered child and would like to coach
If you are not a parent of a registered child and would like to coach, you will need to create an account in our registration system and then follow these steps:
After logging into the registration system and entering household address info, users will be presented with a choice in Registration Step 1.3 of what they'd like to do: register a participant, register a volunteer, or make a donation.
1. Members should click to register a volunteer and then select an open season from the dropdown they wish to volunteer for.
2. The member will then select the desired volunteer role and select the household member who is volunteering (or enter a new member).
3. If there is a registration that already exists for that household in that season, the member will be asked if they wish to tie their volunteer record to the existing participant registration (this will make it easier to place volunteers on the appropriate teams during the team building process).
4. Member completes the custom volunteer form (if applicable)
5. Once complete, members can proceed to the next step, review their volunteer registration details
6. Submit the registration and you're done!
VYS, in conjunction with VYSA, runs a KidSafe background check on every House coach, House asssistant coach and Team Manager in our organization. This background check is not run on anyone under the age of 18. Please fill out the KidSafe form and send it to the VYS Registrar for processing. Your background check is valid for 2 years.
Your age-related House Commissioner will assign you to a team, work with you to get your practice schedule secured, and answer any questions you may have during the season.
Thank you for your interest in coaching at VYS!
Questions? Please contact VP of House Soccer.