VYS is committed to ensuring that all children seeking to play soccer within Vienna are able to do so regardless of financial or economic status.
Financial Aid is offered for Spring and Fall seasons for house players. Costs for Camps/Clinics are not eligible for Financial Aid.
All players are required to pay state and county fees at a minimum:
- $18 for house players
- $27 for travel players
VYS está comprometido a asegurar que todos los niños que deseen jugar al fútbol en Vienna estén en condiciones de hacerlo, independientemente de su situación financiera o económica.
La ayuda financiera se ofrece para las épocas de primavera y otoño. Los costos de Clínicas / Campamentos no son elegibles para ayuda financiera.
Todos los jugadores deben pagar cargos estatales y del condado:
- $18 para los jugadores de los equipos locales (house)
- $27 para travel players
VYS Financial Aid Policy
This policy applies to all players ages 5-18 in VYS.
Subject to the availability of funds, VYS will offer financial aid made on a defined set of factors. All award decisions are made at the sole direction of the VYS Financial Aid Committee and the Executive Director. The application and aid information will be kept confidential.
Form of Assistance
VYS may waive VYS registration fees for any player whose parent or guardian requests such assistance. All players must pay the state and county fees as stated above. Additional expenses that are necessary for participation on House and/or Travel teams will also be considered under the eligibility criteria listed below.
For House, additional expenses could include, but not limited to shin guards, soccer socks, and soccer cleats. These would be provided in the form of an equipment voucher to the player’s parent/guardian. The equipment vouchers are awarded for use at a local soccer retailer who has agreed to work with VYS on this program. Equipment vouchers will only be provided to an individual every other season. (Eg., if your receive an equipment voucher in the Fall of 2016, you are not eligible to receive one in the Spring of 2017). Requests for vouchers must be made at the time of registration. VYS may also cover the cost of the jerseys for House players in the U13 and older age groups. The cost of a new jerseys will only be covered every other season. (Shirts for U12 and below are provided as part of the registration fee.)
For Travel, additional expenses could include, but not be limited to: NCSL/ WAGS/ODSL registration fees, shin guards, soccer socks, and soccer cleats, tournament fees, travel expenses, and team training fees. Any extra items, such as team jackets, warm-up suits, equipment bags, or items that teams decide to purchase that are not necessary for participation in the program are not covered by the financial aid policy. Assistance for the additional expenses for a travel team are either provided as a reduction in registration fees paid to the Club (for the majority of the teams) or they may be provided in the form of a payment to the team treasurer or team manager (for U19 Boys teams and U18 and U19 Girls teams). The fees due in excess of financial aid are due in a timely manner as per team’s schedule of payments. The cost of shin guards, soccer socks and soccer cleats is provided in the form of an equipment voucher to the player’s parent/guardian. The equipment vouchers are awarded or use at a local soccer retailer who has agreed to work with VYS on this program. Equipment vouchers will only be provided to an individual every other season. As Travel players only register in the fall, all voucher requests must be made at the time of Fall registration.
Mandatory Eligibility Criteria for Additional Assistance
*Must be needs-based. The eligibility threshold is combined parental adjusted Gross Income of less than $80,000 (line 37 on Federal tax return form 1040). Other factors such as unemployment or other financial/medical hardships maybe considered.
- Must be registered to play on a team in VYS before applying for financial aid.
- Must be school aged (ie. 5-18 years old).
- Must make a commitment to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled practices and games.
- Must fill out the financial aid application completely.
- Applications received less than 2 weeks before the start of the season will not be considered for Travel players. Awards decisions will be made each season by the Financial Aid Committee. All applications for House must be completed and submitted by the start of season. No exceptions granted.
Amount of Aid Award
The Board will approve a set pool for financial aid availability each season (Fall/Spring). Included in the pool will be hardship donations which are solely used for financial aid. Based on the amount of the scholarship pool and amount of financial requests, awards will be distributed. Maximum amount for travel will be $400 per season or $800 per year not including registration fees.
The following are the guidlines for the amount of aid for which travel players are eligible:
- Free Lunch (FARMS) form, SNAP (food stamps) form, TANF form, or a documented income at 130% of the federal poverty level for the household: qualify for the full $400 per player per season travel financial aid award ($800 aid for the year)
- Reduced Lunch (FARMS) form, Medicaid form or a documented income at 185% of the federal poverty level for the household: qualify for $300 per player per season travel financial aid award ($600 aid for the year)
- No FARMS forms, SNAP form, TANF form, or Medicaid form but with a documented income at 250% of the federal poverty level for the household: qualify for $200 per player per season travel financial aid award ($400 per year)
- No FARMS forms, SNAP form, TANF form, or Medicaid form but with a documented income at 300% of the federal poverty level for the household: qualify for $150 per player per season travel financial aid award ($300 per year)
As an example, the 2015/2016 financial aid award a U15 or below player whose family has provided the required documentation and is eligible for the full $400 per season financial aid award would receive would be $400 x 2 + $204.50 (registration fee) x 2 = $1209 for the year.
Families of applicants receiving VYS awards maybe requested to provide up to 8 hours of volunteer service to VYS each season. Those applicants asked to volunteer and do not complete service maybe ineligible for future aid awards.
- Applications will be submitted to the Registrar by the families requesting assistance and kept confidential. The Registrar, VYS Treasurer, Chair of Finance Committee and Executive Director will approve requests to ensure guidelines are met.
- Financial assistance awards will be granted twice a year, prior to the Fall and Spring seasons.
- As stated above deadline for travel applications and receipt of proof of documentation (fall and spring) is two weeks before the start of the season. The committee will strive to make all awards before the first game of the season. The deadline for house is the start of the season.
- Total amount of assistance available for distribution prior to each season can be influenced by the amount of funds collected from donations through registration and other programs that are approved by the BOD.
- The committee may also review the number of applicants within a team and age group and adjust amounts to ensure equality across the pool of applicants. However, there is no limit per team of how many players may request financial aid.
- Applicants for financial assistance must be registered with VYS for the upcoming season, and must complete a separate financial aid application form.
- Any aid funds left over at the end of a season will be transferred over to the next season in the VYS budget. All funds donated to the hardship fund will only be used for that purpose.
- A report will be made to the BOD at the end of each season by the Registrar explaining how the funds were disbursed.
Financial Aid Form
To request financial aid:
Para solicitar ayuda financiera:
• Completa la Solicitud de Ayuda Financiera de VYS.
• Una vez que se recibe la forma, VYS se pondrá en contacto con usted para revisar los documentos sometidos y el pago de los gastos.
Una forma separada debe de ser completada para cada jugador y para cada temporada.