VYS is “One Club”
VYS Travel builds on a continuum of high-quality travel soccer opportunities that allows its players of all abilities and levels to play in VYS from U9 all the way through U19 in an environment that promotes excellence, sportsmanship, self-confidence, and respect to ensure that each player achieves their soccer goals, realizes their full soccer potential and falls in love with the game of soccer.
- Professional coaches employed by VYS providing weekly training to all teams in an age group and following a set Coaching Curriculum designed by the VYS Technical Director ensuring consistent player development and coach education.
- All travel players rostered to VYS rather than individual teams, allowing more flexibility for movement of players between teams as team and individual skill levels change.
- Promote "home-grown" talent through year-round player development programs and opportunities.
The Philosophy of VYS Travel Program is to promote a player-centered approach allowing the ‘game to be the teacher’ where appropriate and encompass the principles of Long Term Player Development (LTPD).
The program focuses on the following priorities:
- Create a FUN, safe, challenging environment
- Develop EVERY Player
- Develop the team to play in an EXCITING playing style
- Develop players to understand MULTIPLE positions for a holistic soccer development program that reflects the modern game
- To identify and support the development of every player
- To provide quality coaching, education and welfare at all age groups and at all levels
- To enhance player development, incorporating technical, tactical, physical and psychological/social
- To identify, recruit and develop the most talented coaches
- To implement a comprehensive coach mentoring program for the development of coaches
- To develop players to reach their individual goals and ambitions
- To support coaches to progress and develop
- To ensure all VYS families have a positive experience as part of the Vienna Community
Questions about the VYS Travel program? Refer to our FAQs page.