To build character, confidence, and a lifelong love of soccer by providing a continuum of competitive, high-quality and positive soccer experiences for all players in the Vienna community.
The mission of Vienna Youth Soccer is to provide the opportunity for children of all abilities living in and near Vienna to be involved in a high-quality soccer experience where the player:
- Is coached using the principles of Positive Coaching
- Has fun playing the game
- Receives positive support at all times
- Feels like an important part of the team regardless of individual performance
- Learns sportsmanship and “life lessons” that have value beyond the playing field
- Learns age appropriate skills, tactics and strategies of the game
- Plays soccer at a level commensurate with his/her individual ability, potential and interest
- Is instilled with physical, mental and social growth
- VYS offers a variety of training programs for coaches and players, as well as House, Travel, and Adult leagues and a TOPSoccer program.
VYS is committed to creating a positive culture in which coaches, parents, fans, officials and players have the tools and training to work together to achieve our mission.
The House Soccer Program is a recreational program for boys and girls ages 4-19 years old. Games are played on Saturdays and some Sundays in the Tysons-Vienna-Oakton area. All players play at least half of each game, subject to attendance and disciplinary constraints.
The Travel Soccer Program is a competitive program with games usually played on Sundays in the Washington Metropolitan Area. Interested players are asked to tryout each year, typically in late Spring/early Summer starting in their rising third grade year. VYS travel teams compete in one of three leagues:
Additional fees are assessed for the cost of tournaments, professional instruction, uniforms, etc., and vary for each team. There is no guaranteed playing time in the Travel Soccer Program.
TOPSoccer is The Outreach Program under the auspices of United States Youth Soccer (USYS) and its 55 affiliated state soccer associations. TOPSoccer is designed to enrich the lives of children with mental and/or physical disabilities through the game of soccer. The program is designed to bring the opportunity of learning and playing soccer to any boy or girl, ages 4-19, who has a mental or physical disability.
The VYS Parent Soccer Program is a co-ed intramural soccer league for men and women players, age 30 or older. Games are played on Friday evenings at fields in the Vienna area.