VYS works hard internally and with its partners at FCPS and FCPA to ensure that all of our fields are properly assigned, permitted and prepared for our teams. However, on occasion, issues arise on fields. Below are actions that Coaches, Age Group Coordinators or Team Managers can take to resolve common fields’ problems. If your request is after business hours, a VYS staff member will try to respond immediately, when possible.
Walk On players On Permitted Field:
- If another VYS team is using the field that your team has been permitted for, talk to the coach of the other team and arrange a way to share the space for that day. Afterwards, get a name and age group of the visitors, and email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which field. The field assignor will communicate with both teams to resolve the conflict.
- If a Non-VYS team or club, call NCS at 703-324-5515 and provide them with the field name and they will send out a monitor to have the other group removed from the field.
Lights Are Not On At Permitted Field:
NewSong: follow directions online, or email email@example.com and indicate which field.
Arbor Row, Luther Jackson, Nottoway, Oak Marr: call NCS at 703-324-5515 to speak with a Fairfax County official. Call can only be made for fields during permitted hours.
- Madison, Marshall, Oakton HS: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which field.
Grass Needs to Be Cut or the Field Lining Needs Updating:
- Email email@example.com and indicate which field and VYS will work with either our private vendor or the County to get the problem resolved.
Porto Pots issues:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which field and VYS will work with the County to get the problem resolved.
Broken/Missing Locks or Broken Goals, Nets or Corner Flags:
- Email email@example.com and indicate which field and VYS will get the matter resolved.
Any other problem not addressed above should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.