What is the Youth Sports Safety Summit?
It’s all about youth sports coaches, league coordinators, and parents coming together to help keep our kids safe and have fun in sports. It is an informative series of presentations designed to provide all involved with youth sports with critical health and safety information.
Breakout Sessions will include:
- Concussion recognition and management in youth athletes
- Heat illness and environmental safety
- Overuse injuries in adolescents
- Hydration and how it effects the body
- Health and safety policy development for youth sports administrators
The following speakers have been confirmed:
- Dr. Mark Theiss Keynote: Inova Sports Medicine
- Coach Dick Adams: Heads Up Concussion Program in Partnership with Fairfax County Schools (Master Trainer for USA Football)
- Dr. Dave Milzman: Concussions in Other Sports (Lacrosse, Cheerleading, and Hockey)
- Dr. Shane Caswell and John Reynolds: Developing Health and Safety Policies for Youth Leagues
- Dr. Khaled Basiouny: Solid Organ Injuries in Youth Sports
- Mr. Steve Tannenbaum: Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Youth Sports (CPR and AED Demonstration)
When is it?
Saturday, September 28, 2013
at Inova Fairfax Hospital in the Auditorium of the Physician’s Conference Center, Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
3300 Gallows Rd, Falls Church VA 22042.
What is the cost of the event?
The event is free and open to the public. Includes a light breakfast, lunch, and free parking!
How do I register?
Registration is open and can be accessed by the following link:
Questions? Please contact: Linda M. Watkins, Injury Prevention Coordinator, email@example.com, T 703-776-3259 | P 703-776-3242