We understand the benefits that outdoor recreation and youth sports can provide, especially during this time when so many activities are understandably restricted. For this reason, we have decided as a club that we will continue to practice and play to the extent that we are permitted and to the extent that we can do so safely.
Our first priority is for the health and safety of our community and that will not be compromised. The following are important elements of our return to play:
- In each phase of reopening, VYS will be complying with all guidelines from our state and local governments, local health authorities, and the governing bodies of our sport. We will attempt to coordinate with our leagues and neighboring clubs whenever possible, and we are regularly engaged with others throughout our community. Our guidelines will be updated as necessary.
- VYS has established additional Club Protocols for our players, parents, and coaches. Elements of these protocols apply to our Travel and House leagues as well as all programs.
- VYS has established a COVID-19 Reporting and Communications Policy which specifically states our staff and membership requirements for reporting, communication and return to play.
- VYS has established additional guidelines to govern appropriate communications with members in the event of Covid Reporting.
- Members must comply with the requirements for Covid Reporting.
The Club takes the health and safety of its members very seriously. Any failure to adhere to any portion of these policies may result in removal from the program without a refund of any fees paid.
The Fall 2020 Season will not be as any of us had expected. While we have planned our Fall programming as best we can today, we remain prepared to accommodate as necessary in order to comply with any future restrictions or operational protocols that are required. Our coaches and staff are committed to providing as many opportunities as possible to those that choose to participate.
We thank our membership for all their support and flexibility in 2020.