Vienna Youth Soccer (VYS) is seeking an Executive Director to implement the vision and mission established by the VYS Board of Directors.
Applications must be received on or before October 24, 2014.
Vienna Youth Soccer (VYS), a club with a membership of 4,000 located in Northern Virginia, is seeking an Executive Director to implement the vision and mission established by the VYS Board of Directors. The Executive Director will be responsible for directing and managing VYS’s programs, employees and volunteers in achieving VYS strategic goals and mission.
VYS offers a variety of training programs for coaches and players, as well as Recreational, Travel, and Adult leagues, and a TOPSoccer program. The club has access to 8 lighted synthetic turf fields, 3 Bermuda grass fields, and 20 other grass fields and an annual budget exceeding $1 million.
The responsibilities of the Executive Director will include:
- Help develop and implement VYS’s business, financial and strategic plans
- Develop and implement an effective infrastructure for VYS and its programs
- Implement accounting policies, financial controls and risk management procedures
- Supervise VYS’s administrative employees
- Coordinate communication between administrative and technical employees
- Negotiate contracts with vendors, suppliers, trainers and technical staff
- Manage public and community relations
- Analyze fundraising opportunities (tournaments, sponsors, etc.)
The preferred candidate will have a background in association management, a college degree (ideally with post-college training), and experience in management, business, accounting and/or finance. Prior soccer experience (playing, coaching and/or running a youth soccer organization) is a plus, as is development and construction of fields or sports facilities. But it is not required. The preferred candidate will be self-motivated with a proven ability to motivate others; have strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills; and an entrepreneurial spirit. The Executive Director must be willing to work non-traditional hours and have the ability to manage people in a volunteer work environment.
Salary is based on qualifications and experience.
Applications must be received on or before October 24, 2014. Electronic applications should be submitted in Word or .pdf format. Applications should include a CV or resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and three references, submitted to the VYS Executive Director Search Committee.
Additional information and a more detailed job description may be obtained at VYS Executive Director Job Description.